7 Everyday Toxins That We All Need To Avoid
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
7 Everyday Toxins That We All Need To AvoidThe Best Detox Method For Colder Weather
Before we get to the toxins, first let me introduce you to the Hot Detox, an incredible tool that has the potential to truly transform your life. I have seen so many people benefit from it, whether they had allergies, belly bloating, hormonal imbalance, skin disorders or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The Hot Detox works by taking stress caused by the toxins off your digestive system until it is restored, through incorporating foods that heal and avoiding foods that can potentially be harmful. The Hot Detox is a deep cleansing program that serves up a delicious warming menu with anti-inflammatory remedies that spark digestive vitality.
My book, The Hot Detox Plan, offers an in-depth explanation of why and how we should allow our bodies to detox regularly.
How Toxins Wreak Havoc In The Body
Such as insecticides, solvents, herbicides, pesticides, dyes, pigments, food flavorings, perfumes, plastics and resins. There are over 70,000 synthesized chemical compounds, most of which have hormonal effects in addition to toxic effects.
Exposure to too many xenoestrogens can ultimately lead to hormonal imbalances, neurological and reproductive problems, cancers, cardiovascular diseases, chronic inflammation and obesity.
Such as lead, cadmium, aluminum, mercury and arsenic.
Cadmium increases inflammation in the liver and kidneys, and mercury exposure causes the immune system to attack its own immune cells. Countries like Taiwan, Bangladesh and Mexico that have high levels of arsenic in their water supply also have a high prevalence of diabetes. High levels of arsenic reduce the uptake of glucose by cells, leading to hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and a corresponding high insulin secretion.
3. Titanium dioxide - found in paint, artificial food coloring, and sunscreen
4. Tetrachlorodibenzo-pdioxin - the active compound in herbicides
These compounds contribute to chronic inflammation and pain by promoting the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines such as IL-1ß, IL-6, and TNF-α. Several of our internal organs such as the liver, kidneys and lungs respond to this toxicity by sounding the alarm bells of inflammation.
5. Benzene, present in gasoline
6. Toluene, a component of many adhesives and solvents
These toxins are stored in our fat cells and are difficult to eliminate, which can lead to systemic infections and a state of chronic inflammation. In fact, studies have shown that when overweight and obese people lose weight, many of those entrapped toxins are liberated into their bloodstream.
7. Atrazine, a compound found in many herbicides
Atrazine has been linked to obesity, type 2 diabetes and belly fat. By affecting major hormones involved in weight control (i.e., leptin, testosterone, insulin and the thyroid hormones), many toxins can contribute to weight gain. The link between toxins and obesity is so strong that it was called “chemobesity” by researchers in 2010.
The Hot Detox embraces the ancient wisdom of India and China, applying the time-tested practice of warming up the body’s core. Many detox programs are created in California or other consistently warm climates where consuming cold smoothies, juices and raw salads is desirable and healthy. But when it is cold outside, a standard “cold” detox program does not support you. It may cause you to feel run down, slow your metabolism or aggravate a digestive condition.
Whether you live in a warm or a cool climate, utilizing the heat of a warming diet is the key to alleviating many common concerns such as IBS, low immunity, hormone imbalance and chronic pain. And for those who live in a warm climate, have a hot constitution or suffer from a fiery inflammatory condition such as dermatitis, the cooling superfoods recommended in this book will balance the menu to ensure great results.
Why Hot Detox?
Here is a summary of the typical symptom relief and transformational results that clients have reported by following my program:
• Greater commitment to long-term health
• Balanced blood sugar levels/reduction in type 2 diabetes
• Greater flexibility/reduction of stiffness
• Improved athletic performance
• Improved digestion, including reduction of irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease symptoms
• Improved grip strength
• Increased interest in vegetables
• Improved kidney, liver and gallbladder function
• Improved libido
• Improved memory, sharper focus and greater attention span
• Better moods, including reduced anxiety and depression
• Improved skin texture and color, including reduction in acne and eczema
• Improved thyroid function/balanced hormones
• Pain relief, including migraine and headache relief
• Reduced bloating and swelling
• Reduced food sensitivities and seasonal allergies
• Reduced asthma
• Less muscle and joint inflammation
• Lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol
• Stronger hair and nails
• Stress relief
• Weight loss
My book, The Hot Detox Plan, offers an in-depth explanation of why and how we should allow our bodies to detox regularly. It also includes delicious recipes that are sure to make the process painless.