The Wisdom of YOU
I recently had the honor of teaching with Dr. Christiane Northrup during a day of self-care and healing for women. I use the word honor because I consider Dr. Northrup to be a pioneer in the field of women's health—someone who's been willing to rock the boat, speak the truth, and stand up for what women need to know to live fully empowered, healthy lives.
Her work changed my relationship with my body and my approach to healthcare when I first read Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom. Her subsequent books continue to have a significant impact on my life and my work. As a matter of fact, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause were required reading for all of my female clients. I consider studying them to be a vital act of self-care.
I taught in the morning and Chris taught in the afternoon. She's smart, engaging, and very funny. During her part of the program, I took notes and thought I'd share some of her wisdom with you. Here's what she had to say:
- The period between age 40 and age 55 is a time when a woman becomes the "Queen of Herself." It's an inward phase of starting over when all that you haven't dealt with comes up to be addressed.
- The mind can stay engaged with data forever, but it's the heart that actually instigates change.
- Illness is the only acceptable form of Western meditation.
- Women report having the best sex of their lives in their 60s and 70s.
- Just because you have a uterus and breasts, this doesn’t mean you are biologically designed to do the grocery shopping.
- The era of the "Battle of the Sexes" is coming to an end and we are now focused on learning how to effectively work together.
- Menstrual blood is loaded with stem cells.
- The issue of this century is educating women and girls. It's the one thing that will make the planet green, stabilize the economy, and put an end to terrorism and war.
- We must die to the outmoded ways of behaving that no longer work for us in order to truly live.
- Every thought you think and every emotion you feel changes your hormones.
- There is no illness that is incurable.
- Divine Love is the most powerful healing force of all.
Chris certainly is a doctor who makes you think, huh?
Take the Challenge
This month, empower yourself with knowledge and wisdom. Get educated about your body. Pick up a copy of Chris’ book, do a little research online about a health issue you'd like to know more about, or find a new healthcare practitioner who's ready to partner with you so you can enjoy vibrant health. Educated men and women, who take responsibility for their health, live longer, more fulfilling lives. Be one of them.
You must be signed in to post a comment.
Create a life that honors your soul.
Infuse each day with positive intentions and pleasure.