Get Your Vacation Groove On!
“Few vacations are as gratifying as those devoted to personal growth.”
- Pat Koch Thaler
When you’re in vacation mode, you find it hard to get anything else done. Though I’m sitting here in my cubicle with my fingers on my keyboard, my mind has taken flight. I’m sunk deep in a cozy beach chair listening to the waves rolling over with glee as a warm breeze hugs me from head to toe. And my fingers, instead, are clutching a summer novel that I’m about to get lost in.
Ah, summer hasn’t snuck away from us yet. It’s only August, so we still have time to plan our escape, take those needed days off from work, slip away from all those nagging responsibilities, bury our to-do lists from plain sight, and embark on a peaceful retreat.
Whether you’re visiting family and friends, exploring new destinations, or just hiding out in your backyard, remember to bring one of these Hay House treasures so your mind and soul can join you on your retreat.
Top 10 Hay House Books You Must Take on Your Next Vacation
- Marianne Williamson’s A Course in Weight Loss. Okay, you’re on vacation. But you’re still obsessed with how you look and whether you will still fit into last year’s bathing suit or cruise wear. This beautifully written book takes you on a sacred journey to reclaim the beautiful and peaceful person you were created to be.
- Cheryl Richardson’s The Art of Extreme-Self Care. Here is a great read for overachievers and workhorses who go out of your way to nurture everyone else on the planet. Now it’s your turn. Stop settling for the leftover crumbs and get ready to upgrade your life in Cheryl’s extreme-care boot camp.
- Denise Marek’s CALM. You may be on vacation, but your mind is still going a mile a minute. What if my family needs me? How can I relax when my work is piling up at home? Denise’s wonderfully soothing book is designed to help you eliminate your worries, let go, and take back control of your life.
- Linda Leaming’s Married to Bhutan. Now that you’re settled in, what better way to relax than to sink yourself into a delightful memoir! Enjoy Linda’s compelling story about how she left her hectic life behind for an adventure to one of the most remote cities in the world. What she found will truly warm your hear and nourish your soul!
- Alan Cohen’s Linden’s Last Life. If you like juicy Jackie Collins novels and mesmerizing Mary Higgins Clark mysteries, you’ll savor this page turner. Meet the down-and-out Linden Kozlowski who has decided that life is not worth living. But when he tries to end it all, Linden gets caught up in a mystical journey that will have you on the edge of your seat with its shocking twists and thought-provoking finale.
- Thomas Moore’s The Guru of Golf. This one is mostly for the guys. You may be stuck attending a family reunion or vacationing at a cutesy bed and breakfast cottage that wasn’t your first choice for accommodations—but know you’d rather be golfing! If you can’t make it to the tee, these amusing golf-related tales will keep your heart in the game—at least for now!
- Sandra Anne Taylor’s Secrets of Attraction. If you’re flying solo on your vacation and dreaming of a new romance to come your way, let the Law of Attraction lend you a hand. In this revealing book, Sandra offers secrets on how to create a personal energy field that will attract success in romance, relationships and your entire life.
- Sonia Choquette’s Traveling at the Speed of Love. Here’s the perfect book to take on an airplane or during any vacation! Sonia shows you how to live in a frequency of unconditional love, and weaves each lesson together with a heartwarming story from her many personal travels. A first-class read all the way!
- Walter Green’s This Is the Moment. Your heart will melt while reading this feel-good book by a man who spent the course of a year traveling around the world to visit the 44 people who had made the greatest impact on his life—so he could personally thank them all and tell them how much they mattered to him. Sweet!
- Louise Hay’s I Can Do It®. Any Louise Hay book will lift your spirits on vacation or otherwise! This one will get you practicing your affirmations for every area of your life. Life loves me. I am exactly where I am meant to be. What a great adventure my life is. All is well. I am safe. I plan for many more vacations.
You must be signed in to post a comment.
The tools needed to build a successful career in writing or public speaking.
Preview the Wisdom Community membership and receive exclusive Hay House access!