Happy Fatherís Day
“He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.”
– Clarence Budington Kelland
When I was growing up, I learned a lot of cool things from my Dad. He was the one who taught me how to ride my bike without training wheels, how to catch a fly ball and hold onto it, how to parallel park in the school parking lot and how to play funny pranks on my Mom. And when the going got rough, his life lessons about having "nothing to fear" and "standing up for myself no matter what" helped me find my way.
As we celebrate Father's Day this month, let's honor our Dads (and Dads-in-Law, Granddads, Uncles, Special Friends Who Have Been Like Dads, Brothers and Stepdads) by giving them more than a necktie or soap-on-a-rope! Instead, let's return their love, wisdom and guidance through one of these books guaranteed to touch Dad’s heart.
TOP 10 Books Guaranteed to Touch Dad’s Heart
2. The Real Rules of Life, by Dr. Ken Druck. A father turns his loss into healing life lessons.
3. The Wisdom of Sam, by Daniel Gottlieb, Ph.D. The extraordinary connection between a grandfather and his autistic grandson.
4. The Man Who Wanted To Be Happy, by Laurent Gounelle. How to break free from what prevents us from being truly happy.
5. Fail Up, by Tavis Smiley. Intimate stories of how family, mentors and friends help you build success.
6. The Prodigal Father, by Jon Du Pre. One man’s quest to find his indigent father.
7. Firefighter, by Hermann Williams, Jr. A richly portrayed tale of heroism, family devotion and personal triumph by Montel Williams’ dad.
8. Beyond Rain of Gold, by Victor Villasenor. How a sacred bond with a father and indigenous ancestors can shape our lives.
9. Attitude of Gratitude, by Keith Harrell. A heartfelt memoir about the valuable life lessons learned from parents, grandparents, teachers, coaches, mentors and friends.
10. Autobiography of George Washington, by Caroline Myss and scribe Edith Ellis. A personal life history of the nation’s first founding father channeled by the President himself!
Happy Father’s Day and a special thanks to all of our Dads. We appreciate you! And a big bear hug to my awesome 82-years-young Dad.
You must be signed in to post a comment.
The tools needed to build a successful career in writing or public speaking.
Preview the Wisdom Community membership and receive exclusive Hay House access!