Oh, The Thinks You Can Think!
Have you seen the Dr. Seuss poster that has been circulating around the internet? It lists 30 quotes from the many classic Dr. Seuss children’s books that can change your life. I’m convinced that the good doctor—beloved author Theodor Seuss Geisel was a pro at affirmations. He must have been saying them daily. Just look at any of the characters in his books. They stand tall, speak their mind, exude so much self-confidence, and proclaim their affirmations diligently.
As I read this list of quotes, I could just picture Horton the Elephant, Sam-I-Am, Cat in the Hat or Thing One and Thing Two standing in front of their mirror repeating their Louise Hay Affirmations. So just for fun this month, I’d like to offer you 10 of these popular Dr. Seuss-isms along with its companion affirmation by Louise Hay.
1. Dr. Seussism: Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
Louise Hay Affirmation: I know that I do not have to mold myself to other’s expectations. I can just be me.
2. Dr. Seussism: Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
Louise Hay Affirmation: When I “let go,” I grow and live for the future, without regrets about the past.
3. Dr. Seussism: Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
Louise Hay Affirmation: I stop struggling to be better. I accept myself as someone who is supported by everyone and everything around me.
4. Dr. Seussism: Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way.
Louise Hay Affirmation: I have the power to create all that I wish with my mind and my thoughts.
5. Dr. Seussism: Everything stinks till it’s finished.
Louise Hay Affirmation: I do not fix problems. I fix my thinking. Then problems fix themselves.
6. Dr. Seussism: A person is a person no matter how small.
Louise Hay Affirmation: I see the world through eyes of love and acceptance. All is well in my world.
7. Dr. Seussism: From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
Louise Hay Affirmation: Humor and joy contribute to my overall well-being.
8. Dr. Seussism: It’s opener, out there, in the wide, open air.
Louise Hay Affirmation: Today my inner vision is clear and unclouded.
9. Dr. Seussism: Oh, the things you can find if you don’t stay behind.
Louise Hay Affirmation: I welcome change, as it is full of opportunities.
10. Dr. Seussism: Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
Louise Hay Affirmation: I do my best to make life better for everyone in my world. I contribute to harmony, peace and healing on the planet.
To read the entire poster of 30 Dr. Seuss Quotes that Can Change Your Life, click here.
You must be signed in to post a comment.
Through their combined wisdom and perception, Wayne and Eckhart bring you inspired lessons for an exhilarating spiritual awakening.