Heal Your Life Blog
As a new year gets started, now is a time for new beginnings. It’s a time to remember what is important, and to commit again to what is real and true. And so I like to make time to think about what a new beginning really means for me. One way I do this is to take a blank piece of paper – a perfect symbol for a new beginning – and at the top of the paper I write a sentence like “A new beginning means to me . . . “ I then complete the sentence a few times, watching for the responses that feel most meaningful and true.
Here are some highlights from my inquiry so far: A new beginning means to me . . .
• Committing to my daily spiritual practice.
• Doing my daily A Course in Miracles lessons.
• Saying “Yes” to God’s Will.
• Listening to my heart more.
• Being a loving husband.
• Writing more poetry.
• Being a loving father.
• Writing my parenting journal.
• Learning to juggle.
• Committing to my daily yoga.
• Being a loving son.
• Letting go of all grievances.
• Looking after my physical health.
• Being a loving brother.
• Playing my guitar more.
• Being a more loving friend.
• Cooking new, fabulous, healthy recipes.
• Playing more golf this year.
• Being a more loving person.
I wish you a year full of new beginnings.