Success or Your Money Back
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
Success or Your Money BackGet what you desire most.
Hello, my name is Shed. I know that might sound a bit odd, but it’s what my parents called me from an early age (it’s short for “Sheridan”). So that’s that, and great to be with you.
One of my huge drives in life is to come up with new ideas and then make them happen. Right now though, my only focus is YOU. First though, I’m going to read your mind. So, prepare to be astonished. Okay, good…hold still…it’s coming through.
The fact that you’re reading this article tells me so much about you. To start with, it tells me that you’re someone who wants to make things happen. Second, you’re someone who searches for information about how to make things happen. Already, these two facts about you mean that you’ve got all the necessary skills for success in any field you want: Namely, you’ve got both the desire to succeed and also the intelligence to search for ways to make that success come to life. And that’s something wonderful to confirm about yourself, isn’t it?
My aim is to remind you how amazing your brain is and to get you both excited and inspired about what it can do, by sharing powerful secrets that’ll hopefully dispel any doubts you may have about yourself (because we all have many) and by delivering solid techniques for achieving anything you desire. Quite a bold proposition, but hey, it’s always good to aim high. So here we go…
- AVOID “NEGNETS”: Negnets are people who are “negative magnets.” They can kill your idea with one comment or disapproving look. Avoid telling Negnets your idea, especially when it's new - or you'll risk it being snuffed out.
- ATTRACT EXPERTS :We all have skill gaps, so use the internet or Trade Fairs to search for talented people who can help you make your dreams happen. Make sure you have a clear vision of your end goal and that you can offer them something - and you'll soon find that with their help, you can move mountains.
- F.O.C. IT!: Success can be broken into three main processes which you must follow in order to get anything you desire. These are Focus, Opportunities and Choices: Focus on what you love doing or are interested in, create Opportunities by being different - and then make Choices that bring you the most happiness or money.
- WHAT'S YOUR STORY?: If you want to get attention for what you do, it's not enough to have a great idea, product or service - you must tell people about the story surrounding it. Humans are social animals, built to communicate - and we respond powerfully and emotionally to what has happened to other people, or might happen to us. So, be sure to shout about the stories around your ideas and you'll get people interested.
- USE MIND TRICKS: The way you look at the world determines how successful you'll be, and the mind tricks I describe in my book Success Or Your Money Back can powerfully alter your behavior. An example technique is to “View Your Life Like An Experiment.” Experiments never fail, they just get results, so by imagining your life as a grand experiment, you remove the fear of failure and allow yourself to start something new, which is the first step to getting anything you desire.