10 Fascinating Facts about Tarot
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
10 Fascinating Facts about TarotTen Tantalising Tidbits of Tarot Trivia!
1. Tarot was never designed as a fortune telling tool, it originated as a card game called Tarocchi and dates back to the 15th century. The earliest evidence of Tarot being used for divination was in 18th century.
2. Four Archangels appear in the Major Arcana: Temperance/Michael, Devil/Uriel, Judgement/Gabriel and the Lovers/Raphael.
3. More recently, major fashion houses such as Versace and Dolce & Gabbana have used Tarot designs in their collections.
4. You do not have to be ‘spiritual’ to read Tarot, anyone can learn the cards; however, intuition plays a part in expanding on the interpretations.
5. Everyone has a Tarot birth card associated with the Major Arcana, all you have to do is add up your birthday and hey presto! For example, 10/2/1980 = 1+0+2+1+9+8+0 = 21. Add those two numbers together: 2+1=3 = The World and the Empress. It may suggest someone born under this energy would love to travel.
6. Tarot images can be used for meditation. Just choose a card you are drawn to, then close your eyes and imagine the card expanding to the size of a doorway, then visualise yourself stepping into the card, where you can explore the images and the energy.
7. There is a myth that you should never buy your own Tarot deck. This is not true, you should allow yourself to be drawn to a deck of cards as it will call you, much the same as crystals can draw you.
8. Tarot cards have elemental signs: the Minor Arcana consists of Cups (water), Pentacles (earth), Swords (air) and Wands (fire).
9. Each Minor Arcana suit relates to a different issue: Cups relate to emotional issues, Pentacles relate to money and home, Swords relate to conflict and over thinking, and Wands relate to work issues and ambition.
10. Tarot cards will give you a balanced view of a situation; however, always remember you have free will to determine your path.