16 Powerful Quotes For Spiritual Growth
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
16 Powerful Quotes For Spiritual GrowthWords of wisdom from David R. Hawkins
The Path To Enlightenment
Each step along the way to enlightenment is exciting and rewarding when its essence is revealed. Taken out of context, any critical insight can seem baffling, yet intriguing. For each seeker, there are important key understandings that light the way and facilitate success. This is a collection of such truths that serve as fulcrums for major leaps forward. Although there are many doorways to heaven, each seeker must find his or her own route.
These 16 spiritual quotes from Along the Path to Enlightenment: 365 Daily Reflections will be of great value to you on your journey:
1. To become more conscious is the greatest gift anyone can give to the world; moreover, in a ripple effect, the gift comes back to its source.
2. Spiritual development is not an accomplishment but a way of life. It is an orientation that brings its own rewards, and what is important is the direction of one’s motives.
3. What can you actually do to be helpful to the world? Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give.
4. Out of all-inclusive, unconditional compassion comes the healing of all mankind.
5. In a universe where “like goes to like” and “birds of a feather fly together,” we attract to us that which we emanate.
6. Every act or decision we make that supports life supports all life, including our own. The ripples we create return to us.
7. One basic principle has the power to resolve the problems of the social marketplace: Support the solution instead of attacking the supposed causes.
8. In truth, we exist and survive, not because of the ego, but in spite of it.
9. To best serve the world, seek enlightenment and transcend illusions rather than contribute to them.
10. To transcend the world requires compassion and acceptance, the result of inner humility, by which the world is surrendered to God with increased peace of mind.
11. What the ego cannot lift with all its might is like a feather to the grace of God.
12. To win in life means to give up the obsession of “who’s at fault.” Graciousness is far more powerful than belligerence. It is better to succeed than to win.
13. By its nature, the pathway to God is not easy. It requires considerable courage, fortitude, willingness, and forbearance. It is strengthened by humility and a benign conscience.
14. An extremely valuable insight that is learned by all spiritually evolved persons in the course of their development is seeing one’s own personal consciousness as the decisive influence that determines all that occurs in one’s life.
15. Holding a goal in mind is inspirational and actually helpful to its accomplishment, because what is held in mind tends to actualize. However, it is a mistake to attack oneself with guilt for failing to achieve the ideal. Upon examination, it will be frequently discovered that it was not really the goal that was desired, but the satisfaction that was associated with it.
16. It’s pleasing to discover that it isn’t necessary to drive oneself forward; instead, one can simply allow oneself to move forward as blocks are removed. Thus, one becomes attracted by the future rather than propelled by the past.
Excerpted from Along the Path to Enlightenment: 365 Daily Reflections from David R. Hawkins, edited by Scott Jeffrey. Copyright © 2011 (Hay House).