29 New Beliefs To Bring Happiness To Your Life
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
29 New Beliefs To Bring Happiness To Your LifeThe Power Of Afformations
Editor's Note - Noah St. John discovered that he had more success with Afformations® than affirmations because he wasn’t sure he believed in his affirmations strongly enough to make them work for him. What an Afformation? It’s an affirmation turned into a question and questions automatically cause our minds to seek answers. “I am so happy and successful” becomes “Why am I so happy and successful?” From The Book of Afformations® he offers afformations on life and happiness for you to try:
As I teach my coaching clients, mastermind students, and seminar audiences, there are two sentences that describe all human emotion. I discovered them while meditating one morning. Once I saw them in my mind, I realized that these two sentences not only describe our current emotions, but they also reveal how to immediately turn around any negative emotion into a positive.
Ready? Here are the sentences:
When your opinion of your past, present, and future tends to be positive, you will be happy.
When your opinion of your past, present, or future tends to be negative, you will be unhappy.
Those two sentences describe all human emotion. What is the key word in both of those sentences? Opinion. Why? Because it’s not what happens to us, it’s our opinion of what happens to us that determines our thoughts, feelings, actions, and responses—and all of those together create our very lives. Are you carrying around a negative opinion of something that happened to you 10, 20, or 30 years in the past and allowing it to determine your life today? Are you not appreciating all the abundance you have in the present, right under your nose? And are you afraid of what’s going to happen to you in the future?
If you’re holding on to any of these negative opinions—about your past, present, or future—you will tend to be unhappy about that portion of your life. (Many people have a negative opinion about all three!) Conversely, I’ll bet you know someone who has a positive opinion about their past, their present, and their future even though they’ve been through tremendous pain, unbelievable loss, struggle, and hardship. Let’s be honest: how many people do you know who haven’t gone through these things?
What is it about the people who’ve been through pain and struggle and choose to be happy anyway? They’ve made a conscious choice to have a positive opinion about what happened to them in the past, what’s happening to them in the present, and what’s going to happen to them in the future. They are—whether they know it or not—asking the right questions.
There’s one more thing I’d like to point out here: your life is nothing more than your opinion of your past, your present, and your future.
Nowhere else in the universe do these three things exist than inside that brilliant brain you’ve been given. If you want to live the life of your dreams, change your opinion of your past, your present, and your future.
Right now, I want you to take out your journal and write down the opinions you’ve been holding about your past, your present, and your future. You may be unknowingly asking questions that keep forming a life you don’t want—because they’ve kept you focused on what you’ve lost, what you don’t have, and what you think you’ll never have. Well, those are lousy opinions—and the wrong questions. Guess what? Who is the only person holding them? You. Who is the only person who can change them? You.
And who is the only person who needs to change them, in order for your life to change? That would be, ah, you. Only you have the power to change your life by changing your questions, then taking new actions that support your new opinions/assumptions/beliefs/questions.
Use these new, empowering Afformations to challenge your assumptions, change your opinions, improve your beliefs, and shift what you focus on . . . and let yourself live the life you’ve always imagined!
29 New Beliefs To Bring Happiness To Your Life
• Why am I so happy?
• Why am I more than good enough?
• Why do I attract all good things today?
• Why do I know why I’m here on Earth?
• Why do I know my life purpose?
• Why do I love knowing my life purpose?
• Why am I living my life purpose?
• Why do I know Who I Really Am?
• Why am I so comfortable in my own skin?
• Why did God create the perfect me?
• Why am I so confident being Who I Really Am?
• Why do I attract only good things when I live my life purpose?
• Why do I attract all good things as I express Who I Really Am?
• Why am I perfectly capable of living the life I really want?
• Why am I perfectly capable of living my life purpose?
• Why has God given me the ability to live my life purpose?
• Why am I exactly who I’m supposed to be?
• Why is it okay to like myself?
• Why is it okay to love myself?
• Why am I safe to be Who I Really Am?
• Why do the right people come to me so quickly now?
• Why do opportunities come to me so quickly and easily now?
• Why do highly successful people value and appreciate me?
• Why did God create perfection in Who I Really Am?
• Why am I truly appreciated by my friends, family members, and colleagues?
• Why am I allowed to be Who I Really Am?
• Why do I have more than enough time, money, and energy to do all I want with my life?
• Why am I so lucky?
• Why am I so blessed?
• Why am I so grateful to be me?