3 Ways Conscious Writing Leads You to Express Your True Voice
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
3 Ways Conscious Writing Leads You to Express Your True VoiceJulia McCutchen clarifies the keys that unlock the door to authentic communication
- Do you have a message to share or a story to tell and feel inspired to make a positive difference in the world?
- Is communication using the spoken and written word part of your working life?
- Are you drawn to writing a blog, articles, short stories, poetry, your memoir or other books?
If any of these apply to you, expressing yourself authentically is undoubtedly one of your main priorities, and rightly so, as authenticity is increasingly essential for all kinds of communication if you want your voice to be heard.
Yet what does it mean to be truly authentic? And how do you discover and express your true voice?
1. Access the Deepest Levels of Authenticity
Conscious Writing has a direct relationship with true authenticity and teaches that it’s about being real at every level of your being, not just the surface layers of your everyday self.
This involves undertaking a journey inwards to the core of who you are and learning to speak, write and express yourself from this timeless space of inner truth.
It’s here that you discover the deepest levels of authenticity. With this as your starting point, your everyday self gradually becomes the vehicle of expression for your true self, and over time your true voice naturally rises to the surface. Then you apply the outer skills of effective communication.
2. Understand the Nature of Your True Voice
Opinions differ when it comes to describing what a ‘true voice’ actually is. Writers often relate it to style and use of language or the equivalent of the presence an actor has on stage.
Conscious Writing acknowledges both of these and invites you to explore a deeper definition that includes the truth of who you are as the magic ingredient that leads to your voice becoming recognisable as authentically yours.
This approach combines essence and form; the essence of your true voice remains unchanged even though the forms it takes continue to evolve. So your true voice is a blend of your unique energy and your capacity to communicate through what you say and how you write.
3. Discover Your True Calling
The emphasis that Conscious Writing places on finding the eternal flame within ultimately leads you to a deep sense of ‘knowing’ that is beyond rational thought. It’s like coming home to yourself.
The more connected you are with this inner truth, the clearer you are about what’s truly important to you and what you’re prepared to make a stand for.
When you’re in touch with your true calling, the way opens naturally for you to create, speak, write and express yourself with your true voice in all circumstances and all situations in life.
- In advance of any kind of communication, stop to take three conscious breaths.
- Pay attention to breathing in deeply through your nose, and as you exhale allow a ‘haaa’ sound to escape from your mouth. Simultaneously release any tension you may be feeling.
- Drop your awareness into your body as much as you can and feel a sense of softening and opening at every level within you.
Each time you do this simple practice, your capacity for reaching a calm state of inner connection will deepen, and your ability to access and express your true voice will strengthen. Enjoy!