5 Key Reasons Why You Feel Tired
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
5 Key Reasons Why You Feel TiredLearn The Natural Rhythms of Your Body
To remain balanced, open and healthy, we each need to be able to dance with the rhythms of nature. The energies of nature ebb and flow during the day, month, season and year. When we dance with these energies our bodies cleanse and re-nourish on a daily basis. We can also take advantage of times of high energy to cleanse at a deeper level.
So let us remind ourselves how a healthy and hydrated body cleanses. When we talk about detoxifying, what we are talking about is the first cycle, the day/night cycle. When you understand what is happening in your body, you can make changes so that you won't feel so tired during the day.
Here are 5 Reasons Why You Feel Tired
1. Acidic Cells - During the daytime, when sodium and calcium enter the cell and push out potassium and magnesium, you have a change in the conditions within the cell. As the day progresses, the cell becomes more acidic, more toxic. The build-up of sodium and calcium and the diminution of potassium and magnesium are what lead to tiredness and the need to sleep. It is said that every hour we sleep before midnight is worth two hours of sleep after midnight, and in terms of our ability to effectively cleanse, this is correct.
2. Lack of Sleep - At the end of the day, when we have a build-up of toxicity in our cells, it is important to get enough sleep to cleanse. During that time, the sodium and calcium, under the attractive influence of the moon, move back out of the cell, and the potassium and magnesium move back in. As the sodium and calcium leave the cell, they bring with them toxicity. Once out of the cells, the toxins enter the lymphatic system. They move through it until they reach the blood. With each heartbeat, the lymph will drop into the blood. So the toxins move from the cell into the lymph and then into the blood. The blood flows around the body to the liver, which is the great filter. The liver extracts the toxicity from the blood, discharges it into the bile, and the bile flows via the common bile duct into the gall bladder. From here it travels into the duodenum, goes through the small intestines into the colon and finally out of the body.
3. Taking Short Breaths - Toxins are also expelled through the skin and lungs. Every time we exhale, we not only release carbon dioxide but also toxins. However, the movement from cell to lymph, lymph to blood, blood to liver, liver to bile and out is our primary route of detoxification. This route of elimination must be free flowing for us to remain healthy, and we need to detoxify on a daily basis. We can help this process by taking long, rejuvenating breaths in and out.
4. Poor Functioning Electrolytes - If the night-time cleanse is complete and all of the sodium, calcium and toxicity leave the cell, the charge around the cell membrane will be correct by the end of the night. When this happens, the person wakes up feeling refreshed, energized and ready for the day ahead. It is very common, however, for people to wake up tired in the morning even after a long night’s sleep. This is because the cellular exchange of electrolytes is not fully functioning; therefore, the person is not fully cleansing.
5. The Phase of the Moon- In the day/night cycle we see that the moon has a strong influence on sodium, but it also has further subtle influences on us. If you think of the zodiac as a means of marking the passage of time, the position of the moon in the zodiac changes roughly every two to three days. Each zodiac sign influences a different part of our body.
During the waxing phase of the moon it is much easier for the cell to draw things into itself. During the waning phase of the moon it is much easier for the cell to release. This means that nurturing takes place more on the waxing moon and detoxifying more on the waning moon.
We can all feel the ebb and flow of the energies of the day/night cycle. Morning feels different from afternoon and afternoon feels different from evening. Our bodies dance with this ebb and flow, with the natural energies of the environment focusing on different parts of our bodies for a two-hour period each day. In my book, Cellular Awakening, I explain how you can feel better, have more energy, and truly realize your potential by matching your microcosm cells with the macrocosm universal energies.