5 Tools For Instant Stress Relief
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
5 Tools For Instant Stress ReliefShifting Your Perception Of Stress
We all face stress and we will continue to – in our big moments and our quiet contemplations. destressifying will allow you to face them all, move through them with grace and ease, and come out the other side stronger, braver, clearer, more powerful, and ready to take on the world!
Stress - Not Necessarily All Bad
The most recent scientific research points to the fact that stress is not necessarily bad for us. It may even add value to our life.
- Stress has now been proven to enhance performance by focusing us and pushing us forward in the direction of our goals.
- Stress-driven motivation increases productivity and greater satisfaction.
- Severe stress -- in the aftermath of a trauma -- has even been credited with birthing many of our aha! Moments.
- Stress reinforces our relationships, elevating our journey of personal development.
- It’s even been confirmed that stress has restorative properties that can increase health and rejuvenate cells after the initial ordeal.
It’s All A Matter Of Perception
Under the guidance of Dr. Richard J. Davidson, researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison performed an eight-year study on perception of stress and its impact on mortality. More than 25,000 participants were asked to rate their stress level over the past year and rank how much they believed this stress influenced their health. Over the next eight years, public death records were used to record the death of any subjects.
- For test subjects self-reported high levels of stress AND 2) believed stress had a large impact on their health- had a 43% increased risk of death. The test subjects that self-reported a lot of stress in their life BUT did not interpret its effects as negative had the fewest amount of deaths over the eight years.
The main reason most people suffer with stress is because they don’t have the tools. It is the reason I twisted for more than 20 years in the corporate world struggling with restless sleep, living without balance, feeling overwhelmed, and searching for deeper fulfillment that rarely seemed to come… and when it did, it was fleeting. I didn’t know what the tools were – nor did I have the manual on how to use them.
5 Tools For Stress Relief Now
But right now, you’re way ahead of where I was; and I have spent the last 14 years compiling the research and studying the wisdom needed to live a destressified life. There are five keys to living a destressifying life:
1. Master your needs
2. Master your emotions
3. Master your communication
4. Master your purpose in life, and
5. Master your awareness
Through my book Destressifying: The Real-World Guide to Personal Empowerment, Lasting Fulfillment, and Peace of Mind together we will walk through each of the masteries until they are embedded within. Once these life tools are part of your thoughts, they will become your internal dialog. And as they embed themselves into every fiber of your being, they will become your outer dialog – the way you express yourself with your words and actions. Your perspective on your entire existence will shift. You will become destressified effortlessly.