7 Ways To Heal Costochondritis Naturally
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
7 Ways To Heal Costochondritis NaturallyEase Chest Pain And Inflammation
I recently had a friend end up in the hospital due to major chest pain, she thought it was a heart attack however doctors diagnosed her with Costochondritis. It is a common condition and is responsible for 30% of emergency room chest pain-related visits.
When healing costochondritis, it works best if you embody healing remedies for the trinity: Mind, Body and Spirit.
Take and leave what you feel works for you. When you read through, when something feels powerful or exciting to you go with those things! If you get goosebumps with any of them definitely apply those things!
There is no known cause for costochondritis (also known as chest wall pain) however Wikipedia does state it can be caused by physical trauma which can also lead to emotional and mental trauma that causes a lot of pain, stress and inflammation in the body.
Costochondritis is an acute and often temporary inflammation of the costal cartilage, the structure that connects each rib to the sternum at the costosternal joint.
Here Are 7 Tips To Ease The Pain of Costochondritis:
1. FOOD: Stay away from breads, processed foods with refined sugars, cakes and cookies, especially things that have gluten that cause inflammation in the body. However if you do eat these things DO NOT FEEL GUILTY, just fully enjoy it and be present. Guilt is not helpful in healing. No guilt - doctors orders!
2. Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables high in antioxidants particularly ones you feel drawn to that will nourish your heart and lungs.
Doctors probably have you on some medication may be anti-inflammatory medication so you can take that along with nutrient rich natural foods.
3. Herbal medicine from the heart of the earth: Ginseng, chamomile, fennel, karva karva, ginger, passionflower.
4. Eat Noni fruit or drink Noni juice, it's known as the pain killer tree.
5. GINGER, GINGER, GINGER is a pain reliever and anti-inflammatory. If you only do one thing, incorporate more ginger into your diet.
6. Use an oil burner and burn tea tree and eucalyptus oils. Take in relaxing gentle breaths. Breathe in healing energy, breathe out old black and red pain energy.
7. See it leaving your body. You are detoxing an old body and creating your new body for your new chapter of life.
Costochondritis is connected to inflammation, the lungs, the breast and back. Let's look at what Louise Hay says are the possible causes:
INFLAMMATION: Fear. Seeing Red. Inflamed Thinking.
Affirmation:My thinking is peaceful, calm & centered.
Whenever you feel the pain, imagine pure source energy, and then place these affirmations in your mind to override the pain and create new neural pathways in your mind (new more positive thought patterns). Often times imagining this kind of energy and presence can bring immediate relief into our body.
LUNG PROBLEMS: Depression, grief or fear of life. Not feeling worthy.
Affirmation: I have the capacity to take in the fullness of life. I lovingly live life to the fullest.
BACK (upper): Lack of emotional support, or feeling unloved.
Affirmation: I love and approve of myself. Life supports and loves me.
BACK (middle): Guilt. Stuck in all that stuff back there or get off my back.
Affirmation: I release the past. I am free to move forward with love in my heart.
BACK (lower): Financial woes and concerns.
Affirmation: I trust the process of life. All I need is taken care of. I am safe.
BREAST:Feeling unloved, refusal to nourish oneself. Putting everyone else first.
Affirmation: I am loved and nourished by all around me
Costochondritis is severe and a lot of rest and healing is needed. The pain is said to be similar to a heart attack. It is VERY important you focus on you and treating yourself. This can come and go, but you can experience less pain in a week or so if you treat yourself like a beautiful daughter that you love and want to get better. It can be completely gone in 6-12 months. Believe in miracles. See pure energy and embody this energy in your body for faster healing.
Avoid strenuous activity to prevent another attack.
Use visualizations to help you imagine your lungs like beautiful butterfly wings.
"Reality can be beaten, with enough imagination" Anonymous. Healing occurs in every single moment. "We create every second of our lives, it's an artwork." Solomon Speaks.
A Recipe To Try:
Turmeric Rice - recipe from my book The Earth Diet
Total time: 45 minutes | Serves 4
2 cups of uncooked brown rice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons turmeric powder
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 carrot, cut in finely sliced rounds
1. Boil the rice in four cups of water, until slightly tender but not entirely cooked, approximately 30 minutes.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat and fry the onion, garlic, turmeric powder, ginger, and carrots until they are golden brown and well combined.
3. Add the semi-cooked rice to the frying pan and stir-fry with the carrot mixture for 2 minutes, until the rice is done and has turned yellow from the turmeric.
Calories: 437 |Total Fat: 10g | Carbohydrate: 79g | Dietary Fiber: 5g | Protein: 8g
Anti-inflammatory | Energy | Immune Boosting | Digestive Health
The incredible power of plant-based and natural food has been ignored for far too long in modern medicine. My book, The Earth Diet, shows us a way back to how our forefathers cured themselves of cancer, diabetes, acne, addictions, obesity, and more. To learn more, tune in to my weekly radio show, The Earth Diet on Wednesdays from 2-3 PM PST.