Are We Having Fun Yet?
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
Are We Having Fun Yet?6 ways to let loose and laugh!
Play and laughter are vital to feeling good. Recreation isn’t merely a frivolous addition to life or a hard-earned reward for work, two beliefs stemming from early Puritanical times. I believe that in a society driven by a strong work ethic, with so many individuals burdened with workaholism, people aren’t getting enough endorphinergic surges through their bodymind on a daily basis.
For you to not be laughing and playing during some part of every day is unnatural and goes against your fundamental biochemistry. I recommend that you consciously seek out opportunities to cut loose every day, scheduling them into your calendar, if necessary. Here are a few of my favorite ways to get those daily chuckles.
- Rent a stupid, funny movie and let yourself enjoy it.
- Dance for ten minutes to your favorite rock music.
- Play with small children and let them tickle you.
- Call someone up and tell a joke. Make sure the person knows why you’re doing it, so he or she can call someone and do the same thing.
- Most of all, don’t wait until you’re depressed or in a low mood to do something playful. Be spontaneous! Include play every day as part of what you do naturally, like brushing your teeth or going to the gym to work out.
- Finally don’t worry about looking foolish. The only time you really look silly is when you’re popping pills from a bottle while your natural pharmaceuticals are just waiting to be released from every cell of your bodymind.