Crank Up The Volume On Your Intuition in 5 Easy Steps
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
Crank Up The Volume On Your Intuition in 5 Easy StepsTips For Tuning In For The Answers
Just for fun, let’s give your intuition a pet name. Let’s call it Houston - mostly because I like the phrase “Houston we have a problem!”
So you’re out in the deep space of your consciousness looking for answers, but back over the radio waves you only hear white noise. “Houston are you ‘reading’ me?” Like a scene in the film Gravity with no way back to grounding, Houston, your intuition, has deserted you.
Being in A Constant State of Fight or Flight
It’s when we have a problem that we want to rely on our intuition the most. But the ironic thing is that it’s also when we have a problem that we start to feel fear, making it hard to hear our inner knowing: when we’re freaking out, we use our brains in the wrong way to be able to hear our intuition.
Firstly we will have gone into the “flight or fight” self-protection mind mechanism. Which is perfect if you have to flee from or fight off a predator, as this system in our body is designed for that.
But if the threat is constant, such as a stressful job, worries about money, or being in a tough relationship, then we can be in a constant state of flight or fight. And in survival mode we use the wrong parts of the brain for even generating ideas, let alone intuition.
Secondly, you’re likely to be over-thinking, and constantly re-shuffling thoughts in your head. And you can’t hear your intuition in a noisy mind.
And in extreme cases, when we’re overwhelmed we can just totally shut down. Too many choices can leave us so stressed that we just can’t make any decision at all.
So here’s what you can do to pilot your own space ship and reach the stars. Even when the altitude feels a little scary, you can always have contact with Houston! Let’s get your mind back from the inter‘panic’tary!
5 Steps To A Clear Intuitive Transmission:
- Take 10 minutes of silence. Just breathe and turn everything off. You’ll hear more if you make the mind as quiet as you can.
- Take a cat-nap if you can. Just a small amount of sleep will switch your brain around. Remember when people say ‘Sleep on it’ this is why, the brain can reset in sleep.
- Put music on. Even better, sing along as that opens the heart and you can allow your heart-based intuition to be heard.
- Dance. Yes I’m serious. If you can put music on and really throw yourself into the music, not only will you shake off some of the repressed energy that comes with a problem, you’ll likely make yourself laugh and pop yourself into the part of the brain to hear your intuition. I often do this and find I have the answers to my problem by the end of the tune.
- Do anything that makes you feel good. When you feel good, you have let go of the very thing holding you back from the solution - the worry of not having a solution!
The main thing to remember is that thinking doesn’t give you the answers. It’s the space in between the thoughts where the answers emerge. The words are just our way of making sense of what we already know to be true.