How To Heal Your Life With The Super Moon
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
How To Heal Your Life With The Super MoonSoothe Yourself With This Full Moon Forgiveness Ceremony From Yasmin Boland
I have been asked quite a few times what I think of the November 14th Super Moon. The truth is that the Super Moon is an astronomical not an astrological event. It takes place when the Full Moon is what's known as perigee – i.e. as close it it’s going to come to the Earth for some time. This Super Moon will be 14% closer and 30% brighter than usual.
Even though the Super Moon doesn't have astrological meaning, it does have a meaning symbolically. The Moon is about the feminine and this Super Moon has literally put the feminine in our collective faces – up close and personal.
Obviously, I don't want to get political here but there are any number of themes you might like to contemplate in the wake of the USA presidential election. How do you see the outcome of the election sitting with the state of the feminine here on planet earth at the tail end of 2016?
There are obvious conclusions to be drawn from the Super Moon's appearance at just this moment.
For me, this is the symbology of this extra-large and super-feminine Full Moon happening this week in the feminine sign of Taurus. The feminine is rising, but it hasn't quite got there yet.
However you feel about the election, use the Full Moon to clear yourself out energetically.
Whether it's political machinations, friendship or anything else which pushes our buttons, all our emotions come up at the time of the Full Moon. It's one of the reasons why people are said to go 'loony' at Full Moon.
With the Super Moon making the Moon loom larger than ever for us now, it's the right time to do a Full Moon forgiveness ceremony + gratitude at some point this week. Here are the Full Moon times around the world – do your ceremony either side of the lunation.
The Full Moon takes place at 23 degrees in Taurus
SYDNEY: November 14, 11.51pm
LONDON: November 14, 1.52pm
MONTREAL/NEW YORK: November 14, 8.52am
AUCKLAND: November 15, 2.52am
PARIS: November 14, 2.52pm
How To Do A Full Moon Forgiveness And Gratitude Ceremony
As close to the Full Moon as possible, sit quietly for 10 minutes or so and mentally forgive anyone against whom you hold any kind of grudge or resentment. If there’s anyone who’s getting on your nerves or really upsetting you, ask them to forgive you for your bad feelings and send them love. Then do the following:
1. Take some deep, cleansing breaths. Release any stress, worries or cares as you breathe.
2. Now think about a habit, a thought pattern, or an idea or an upset that you want to release. It can be more than one. Write it down on a sheet of paper – write as much as you need to, to ‘express’ it.
3. Next, think of anyone who has upset you. You can go right back to your childhood, to anyone who, seemingly, did you wrong and whom you haven’t yet forgiven. List their name(s) on the same sheet of paper, and also write down what it was they did. Write as much as you need to. You have now created a forgiveness list.
4. Close your eyes and visualize each person in turn. See them inside a pink bubble in your mind’s eye (pink is one of the colours of love). See them smiling at you. Create a good feeling between the two of you. Say silently or out loud: ‘I forgive you.’, and then let them float off in their bubble.
5. Now recite the following Full Moon Forgiveness and Karma Release Formula: ‘Under the glorious Full Moon, I forgive everything, everyone, every experience, every memory of the past or present that needs forgiveness. I forgive positively everyone. I also forgive myself of past mistakes. The Universe is love, and I am forgiven and governed by love alone. Love is now adjusting my life. Realizing this, I abide in peace.’
You may wish to add: ‘I bring love and healing to all my thoughts, beliefs and relationships. I learn my lessons and move on. I call on my soul fragments to be cleansed by the Full Moon and I call on them to re-join me. I send love to myself and everyone I know, and everyone who knows me, in all directions of time. Under this glorious Full Moon, I am healed. My life is healed. And so it is. So be it.”
6. Stand over a sink, or anywhere else where you’ll not set fire to the house, and burn your forgiveness list. This ritual releases the energies into the ether for transmutation into love.
Then be sure to spend a good five minutes with your hand on your heart, thinking about someone or something you are truly grateful for. Job done. This is a month ritual which, if you do it with passion, will clear you out energetically so you can better manifest your dreams.
If you would like to know more about the Moon, you will love Yasmin's book Moonology. Yasmin is an astrologer and mooonologer, the co-author of Angel Astrology 101 with Doreen Virtue and a follower of the Goddess. Her site is moonology.com.