What Is Feng Shui?
“Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it.” - George Santayana
Literally meaning wind and water, Feng Shui is the Chinese art or practice of positioning objects based on a belief in patterns of yin and yang and the flow of chi that have both positive and negative effects. Simply put, it is the balancing between the seen and unseen and the flow of universal energy (Chi) between these opposite, yet interdependent forces. When yin (female, negative, passive, and form) and yang (male, positive, active and energy) are in balance, Chi flows easily. Conversely, when there is an excess of yin or yang, the flow of Chi is disrupted or blocked. We live in a society of extremes, where chaos and constant movement are highly valued, which, without its opposite, affects us in adverse ways. When you are in harmony with yourself and your environment, abundance abounds and prosperity flows.
Feng Shui For Your Home Or Office
Feng Shui is a great way to gain a sense of control of your surroundings and brings comfort to your soul.
- Increase prosperity and your overall wealth
- Improve your health by making your home a healing place
- Deepen your relationships
- Boost your creativity
- More energy to do what you love
- Bring peace and harmony back into your house
“Harmony makes small things grow; lack of it makes great things decay.” - Sallust
Everybody Feng Shui Tonight
Whether you need to add a little happy to your home or need a total overhaul, a little Feng Shui goes a long way in increasing prosperity, happiness and harmony. The Bagua Map is a tool used in Feng Shui which divides life energies into 9 sections. Use this tool to Feng Shui your home and see how the different sections correspond to different areas of your life.
10 Easy Ways To Use Feng Shui To Live A Prosperous Life
- Create a sacred space in your home
- Use stones and crystals in your office or workspace (Rose Agate, Ruby, Tektite are wealth boosters)
- Remove clutter from your home and office and watch creative juices flow
- Rub elbows (and energy) with other financially successful people for more money mojo
- Add décor and natural energy to indoor areas with natural objects, like seashells and stones
- Boost a room’s mood by adding plants and flowers-but no spikey or sharp leaf plants
- Make it rain: Add a water feature, such as a small fountain, in the entryway of your home or office for abundance
- Be artsy by accessorizing with your favorite artwork. On a limited budget? Hang masterpieces you love by ordering posters online and buying inexpensive poster frames at your local craft store
- Music to your ears (and your Chi): Play your favorite tunes or hang some wind chimes to soothe your soul
- Shine on by adding some color. Color is the quickest way to change the mood of any room
Chi Your Way Out
What kind of energy does your home have? Do you love some rooms and avoid others? Imagine opening your front door as if you were flowing liquid. Can you flow freely throughout your home, filling up your rooms smoothly and equally? Or, do you flow right out the back door or window in a rush? If you can flow freely and fill up space equally, your Chi is good. If, on the other hand, you feel like you’ve just been flushed violently from your home, your Chi is not so good. Don’t worry. By using a few of the 10 tips above, rearranging some furniture, and lighting some candles, your Chi will flow freely again. If after taking these extra steps, you still feel your Chi is blocked, read Feng Shui Simply: Change Your Life from the Inside Out, by Cheryl Grace to learn about the five elements, the Bagua Map, and how to use the inner Feng Shui toolbox to create wealth, health and harmony in your home.
No money to create an outer sanctuary? No problem! Terah Kathryn Collins, the founder of the Western School of Feng Shui and originator of Essential Feng Shui®, suggests building your own inner sanctuary in order to maintain peace and balance in unpleasant environments. She says, “To build your inner sanctuary, begin by visualizing a place composed entirely of the colors, images, aromas, sounds, and textures that you love.” What will you include in your inner sanctuary?
Excerpts taken from Feng Shui Simply: Change Your Life from the Inside Out, by Cheryl Grace, Feng Shui Dos and TABOOs for Financial Success by Angi Ma Wong, and Inner Feng Shui - The Sanctuary Within by Terah Kathryn Collins.
Where To Start
Reid Tracy, CEO and President of Hay House wants to help you do just that. Joined by some of the most successful authors and spiritual teachers like D
Written by entrepreneurial phenomenon Emily Williams, I Heart My Life is a guidebook for women to change their money mindset, get clarity on what they want and start living the life of their dreams.
Denise Duffield-Thomas, money mindset coach and best-selling author, will show you how with her trademark humor and down-to-earth wisdom. In this book, she shares invaluable business advice and counte