Happiness Quotes – How To Be Happy With Affirmations
I love to laugh! When I do, it makes me happy. The subconscious mind, however, has no sense of humor. If you make a joke about yourself or put yourself down and just think—Oh, it doesn’t mean anything, I’m only kidding myself —the subconscious mind accepts it as true and creates this thought accordingly. So we have to learn to use our humor lovingly and wisely.
There’s so much humor in life that it’s not necessary to denigrate another person or group with put-downs. Even in humor we’re working to help make the world a happier, more loving and safer place to live.
Because words have power, I pay attention to them and carefully select them. I know my thoughts and my words shape my life, like a potter shapes clay into a bowl, a vase, a dinner plate, or a teapot. I am the words I think and speak. So let’s create space inside of ourselves for loving, optimistic, happy and cheerful patterns to constantly germinate, take root, and grow.
One of my favorite quotes about happiness is: Don’t Worry, Be Happy! Singer/songwriter Bobby McFerrin had the right idea when he wrote that song many years ago. No matter what life gives you, you can turn it around.
You are the light in the world. Follow your inner star to sparkle and shine in your own unique way. You have a beautiful soul and an outer body and personality. But your soul is the center. Your soul is the part of you that’s eternal. Your soul cannot be hurt or destroyed. It can only be enriched by whatever your life experiences are. I believe that laughing, singing and dancing are natural, normal spontaneous expressions. So don’t worry, be happy and dance your way through life.
How Happy Quotes And Affirmations Can Change Your Life
An affirmation is really anything you say or think. A lot of what we normally say and think is quite negative and does not create good experiences for us. We have to retrain our thinking and speaking into positive patterns if we want to be happy in our lives.
When we talk about doing happiness affirmations and saying happy quotes, we mean to make a positive statement about what we want to eliminate in our lives or what we want to create in our lives. Too often, we say, “I don’t want something in my life” and we forget to state clearly what we do want. To state, “I don’t want to be sad anymore,” does not give the body a clear picture of the happiness you would like to enjoy. To create the happy, new experiences you want, you need to clearly declare your desires.
Remember, when you first say an affirmation, if will not seem to be true. If it were already true, you would not have to do an affirmation. Affirmations are like planting seeds in the ground, first they germinate, then they sprout roots, then they poke their shoots up through the ground. It takes some time to go from a seed to a full-grown plant. And so it is with happiness affirmations. It takes some time from the first declaration to the final demonstration. So be patient and let’s declare our way to a much more happy and enjoyable life.
Affirmations And Quotes For Happiness
• I release all negative thoughts of the past and all worries about the future.
• I live in the now.
• I spend time with positive, energetic people.
• I flow easily with new experiences, new challenges, and new people who enter my life.
• I express myself freely through singing, dancing, playing, laughing and spontaneously enjoying life.
• I smile at all those whom I come in contact with through the day.
• I know that every bridge I cross brings me to a higher level of fulfillment.
• I reprogram my subconscious mind with new beliefs that will create wonderful, uplifting, joyous events in my life.
• I trust the Universe to help me see the good in everything and in everyone.
• I have the courage to live out my dreams.
• I choose to find peace wherever I am, and I invite others on my path to join me.
• I act as if I already have what I want—it’s an excellent way to attract happiness in my life.
• I experience life as a joyous dance. I know that each day is more precious than the one before.
• I am comfortable enough with my emotions to let them out freely. I let my tears flow when I am sad and I rejoice openly when I feel joy.
• I can handle anything that comes my way.
• I am already perfect right here and right now.
• I call my friends and family members I haven’t seen in a long time just to tell them I’m thinking about them. This makes all of us happy.
• I am a smart, powerful, dynamic, capable, self-confident, fabulous human being.
• I am great.
• I am deeply fulfilled by what I do.
• It is with joy that I digest the experiences of life.
• I am a joyful breeze entering a room.
• I am so happy. Life loves me!
• I love myself totally and completely. This is one of the most important ways to achieve happiness.
Excerpted from The Louise L. Hay Newsletter, 101 Ways to Happiness and Feeling Fine Affirmations CD, by Louise L. Hay. Copyright © 1988, 1998, 2004, 2006 (Hay House).
Where To Start
Watch this amazing and enlightening TED talk by Michael Neill, where he speaks about what our mind perceives vs. reality.
Beautiful photography highlights the uplifting affirmations of beloved New York Times best-selling author Louise Hay in this 2021 edition of her I Can Do It®️ series of calendars.
This gorgeous coloring book, with intricate and original illustrations from Sarah Wilder, brings words of comfort, support and guidance from spirit animals. Wilder believes that everythin