Ten Great Reasons to Drink Green Smoothies
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
Ten Great Reasons to Drink Green SmoothiesDiscover their amazing health benefits!
Green Smoothies are quickly taking the health world by storm! Green smoothies are surprisingly simple, consisting of raw organic fruit, raw organic leafy greens, and water. Despite their simplicity, green smoothies provide a ton of nutritional benefits that lead to a healthier lifestyle, which I explore in my bestselling book 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse. These benefits include weight loss, increased energy, reduction in food cravings, clearer skin, and much more.
Here are ten great reasons to drink green smoothies:
1. Nutrient-Rich. The ingredients in smoothies are all raw and loaded with beneficial vitamins, minerals, anti- oxidants, anti-inflammatory substances, phytonutrients, fiber, water, and more! They are also stuffed with chlorophyll, which is similar in structure to the haemoglobin in human blood. So drinking green smoothies is much like receiving a cleansing blood transfusion.
2. Weight Loss. Green smoothies have a high water content and are filled with green leafy veggies, which you can eat in abundance and still not gain weight. They also have a high fibre content that will help you stay full and reduce cravings.
3. Detoxification. Our body naturally tries to eliminate toxins, but overexposure to any of them will slow down the body’s detoxification systems. The reality is that you can assist the body in detoxifying and eliminating toxins that cause weight gain and harm your health. Thanks to green smoothies, you can get the fibre you need to cleanse your body, tone your digestive system, and eliminate toxins.
4. Vibrant, Radiant Health. Human beings are designed to eat a diet primarily made up of fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts. With these types of natural, healthy foods, our bodies flourish and receive all of the necessary nutrients to keep our bodies toxin-free and looking our most beautiful. When you start drinking green smoothies, one of the first places where you’ll see changes is in the quality of your skin. Healthy eating and living will remove years from your face, eliminate wrinkles, fade age spots, and give you a “second youth.”
5. Easy to Digest. Green smoothies are much easier to digest and metabolize than solid food. There are many people who cannot effectively digest solid whole food, so the nutrients from the food are not completely absorbed by the body. Green drinks, which are in a blended, liquid form, are far easier to metabolize. In fact, these delicious smoothies are so bio-available that their nutrients start to get absorbed by the body even while the smoothie is still in your mouth!
6. Improve Digestion. Processed foods, excessive gluten and proteins, fried foods, and other unhealthy fats are the main reasons behind digestive issues such as heartburn, acid reflux, colitis, Crohn’s disease, and irritable bowel syndrome. Since green smoothies are thoroughly blended, the majority of the work your digestive system would normally need to do is already done. Your body can then more easily extract the nutrients needed for optimum health.
7. Hydration. Staying hydrated gives you energy and helps ensure that your brain, muscles, digestive system, and immune system all work properly. Green smoothies allow you to rehydrate your body thanks to their high water content.
8. Simply Delicious. The sweet taste of the fruit in the smoothie offsets the taste of the greens, making for a tasty and filling meal or snack. Many people who turn their noses up at green smoothies when they first see them become hooked after they taste them! Even children love the taste.
9. Easy to Make. Preparation time is five minutes or less, and cleanup is quick and easy, too. If you place all of your ingredients in a plastic bag in the evening, all you’ll need to do in the morning is toss them in the blender the next morning. The storage, blending, and cleanup really take only five minutes a day.
10. Unlimited Number of Recipes. There are over a hundred green smoothie recipes in this book and many more online with which you can experiment. That means your taste buds never have to get bored. There are so many possible fruit, greens, and liquid combinations that you can literally have a different recipe for each day of the year. I keep my favorite recipes on index cards so I can use them over and over again.
I could go on and on about the numerous health benefits of green smoothies, but you’ll learn more of them in 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse. When you try them, you’ll soon discover the wonderful health benefits yourself.