The Top Five Ways To Tune In To This Week's New Moon Eclipse
Articles Inspirational articles from Hay House authors
The Top Five Ways To Tune In To This Week's New Moon EclipseMake The Most Of The Eclipse With These Tips From Yasmin Boland
This week brings the New Moon eclipse in Pisces – below you will read about how to make the most of it!
Firstly, here are the dates of the eclipse around the world…
New Moon Eclipse at 9 Pisces
SYDNEY: 27 February, 1:58am
NEW YORK: 26 February, 9:58am
LONDON: 26 February, 2:58pm
For more info about the eclipse, sign up to my Special Messages newsletter here.
Trust me when I tell you, you don't get eclipses every day of the week, not even every week of the month or every month of the year. They are quite rare. We usually get only four or so of them a year. This week, we have the New Moon eclipse in Pisces.
Back in the 'olden days' eclipses used to be feared, which is hardly surprising. Imagine the scene: you’re a peasant, ploughing the fields, when all of a sudden the skies grow dark, the birds stop singing and the dogs start howling! In the weeks following, anything bad that happens is understandably blamed on ‘that dreadful day when the skies went dark...’
That was then. This is now. We know when an eclipse is coming. And modern astrologers know that far from being portents of doom, they are actually gateways to a new life.
How to make the most of the eclipse
If New Moons are opportunities to be relished (and they are) then New Moon eclipses are that plus plus. Every New Moon brings us a chance to get our act together and to start all over again. New Moon eclipses do that and much more.
An eclipse happens when the Universe changes gear. Portals to different realities effectively open up, and it's up to us if we want to step through that portal or not.
Do you want to find romance? Commit to that idea. Miserably attached? Commit to making things better or considering other options. Want a new job? Ditto. Want more cash? What are you going to do about it? Want to lose weight? Commit to eating less and moving more. You get the drill!
It's all about intentions and commitment
Deciding what you think is realistic and what you have to do to take steps in the direction you want to go is the key to understanding the eclipse. It's all about intention and commitment. What are you willing to commit to? To make your dreams come true, there is likely to be something you need to do to make it happen.
A quick test…
At the time of the New Moon or just afterwards, make a list of your top 10 aims for the coming 6 months. Once you have done that, go through the list and mark yourself out of 100 for how likely you think you are to manifest each dream. Anything scoring less than 50% needs more work, more commitment, more belief. Get it?
Each New Moon has its own flavour. Here is what you need to know about the New Moon eclipse in Pisces and how to tune in to it energetically… from my (Amazon bestselling!) Hay House book Moonology.
The top 5 ways to connect with the Pisces New Moon eclipse
1. Dream… Ah, the lovely dreamy place that is Pisces! This is the home of dreams, mystical matters and compassion. Think about what you’re thinking about. Think about what you’re dreaming about. Are you using your imagination for good – that means to attract all that you want? This is the New Moon when you can work on releasing fear. More New Moon Info here.
2. Face your fears The New Moon in Pisces is also about secrets, and sometimes about lies. It’s about the things we don’t want to admit to ourselves or anyone else. Do an inventory of your fears at the time of this New Moon and you could find yourself liberating yourself of some of your fears. These spineless little critters often run in the opposite direction when they’re confronted head on, and now is the time to do that. More New Moon Info here.
3. Get cosmic! Because of all the mystical energy around when the Pisces energy is so strong, it’s a wonderful time to work on your intuitive skills. Make a note of your hunches and see what transpires. Play around with Tarot or Archangel cards and test your results. More New Moon Info here.
4. Heal If you’re suffering emotionally or spiritually, note that there’s extra easy access to healing energies when the New Moon in Pisces takes place. The sign is strongly associated with Neptune, a planet that has the power to take ethereal shreds of an idea and turn them into daydreams – and as we all know, daydreams can come true, thanks to the Law of Attraction. If you need spiritual healing, seek out a healer. Ask friends for a recommendation. Also make a list of what ‘being healed’ would entail for you, and see it happening – then tick things off as they come to pass. More New Moon Info here.
5. Surrender Note that Pisces is about dreams, so write down your dreams this month. What do you want? What are your fantasies, sexual or otherwise? Seek bliss. Surrender to the Universe and trust that what you need is what’s happening. Practising yoga and other spiritual activities is highly recommended around the time of the Pisces New Moon (and beyond). This is the time to access your higher self: the part of you that knows you’re connected to all life everywhere. More New Moon Info here.
Remember that the New Moon eclipse is the ideal time to do your manifesting work.
Yasmin Boland is the bestselling author of Hay House books Moonology and Astrology. If you would like to learn astrology, click here to find out about her 6-part online course.