Words of Praise
Heal Your Life Blog
Words of Praise
January 27th is National Compliments Day. Every fourth Wednesday in January is set aside each year for the purpose of sending compliments to five people you care about. Not only are the compliments appreciated by the receiver, but they also lift the spirits of the sender! Remember that compliments provide an easy way to bond with others and help heal loneliness.
When someone pays you a compliment that really feels good, ask them to put it in writing and sign it—really! Then put it on your prosperity bulletin board, or place it where you can read it often. What does the word compliment mean to you? Ask yourself these questions:
- How emotionally open are you to receiving compliments? Do you squirm, contradict the person praising you, or try to immediately fumble for a return compliment?
- What was the best compliment you received during the past year?
- What one compliment did you pay to someone that got a really powerful and positive response?
- What’s the nicest thing you can say to you?
- Are most of the compliments you pay in return for those given you, or do you often initiate praise?
- When someone pays you a compliment, do you believe it?
- If you had to immediately pay yourself a compliment, what would you say?
- Can you think of one compliment that had a life-changing effect on you, which caused you to take some action or move in a certain direction?
- Which five people will you compliment with gratitude this week? Let one of them be you!
Affirm: Compliments are gifts of prosperity. I have learned to accept them graciously.
Let’s share the joy,